Fast Way to Create Data Structures From Excel Spreadsheet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Way to Create Data Structures From Excel Spreadsheet

The attached spreadsheet is a common format that a client may provide. To import a data structure into ClinPlus Data Management, you need to use a CSV file in a specific format. This spreadsheet already has the information in the correct order, but it also has additional information. Simply copy the spreadsheet to a new spreadsheet, remove the header row and the last 2 columns, Event/Visit and Response set, save it as a CSV file (also attached), and import it. If you have a standardized way of specifying the information, you could probably write a macro in Excel to do this for you.

The additional information, in this case, the allowed values for the fields, can be cut and pasted into the Format Builder to create formats.

Another alternative is to use the annotations from a PDF file. I had one project where all the CRFs were annotated using Adobe Acrobat. I saved the forms out as Text. All of the annotated information I needed was at the top and with a little ‘massage’ and removal of everything I did not need, I was able to import the structures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spreadsheet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	545
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CSV-file.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	546

Greg Wagner
    Manager Support and Development