Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Project into Production

Hi Joe,

Yes, the attribute log will record all changes to the database. The datalog will record all changes to the data. Proc Compare can be used to verify that other unexpected changes were not made during the process. To my knowledge, none of our clients have used Proc Compare for this purpose and we have never had an instance of an unexpected change reported to us.

You could add V#.# to the data set label in the Label field on the top of the Data Structures screen. The change to this label will also be audited in the attribute log.

Bob

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 12:36 PM
    To: Support
    Subject: RE: [#SRX04212] ClinPlus - Change Control

Hi, Bob,

Thanks for your reply. I am interested in particular to structural changes such as adding or deleting fields. If I understand correctly after effectuating the changes, I can:

. run the attribute log to confirm the changes to the database
    . run a SAS Proc Compare to report the changes in the data before and after the changes

In reporting version history, where would I change the study database label as V#.# to reflect the different database changes?

Thanks!
    Joe

Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 11:20 AM
    To: Joe Laurence
    Subject: Re: [#SRX04212] ClinPlus - Change Control

Hi Joe,

Since the changes to data structures are made in-place, there is no migration process and no remapping of fields. The system will alert you if any changes requested will cause data to be changed, such as truncation if you a shortening a field or conversion to a missing value if you are changing character data to numeric. If you choose to continue, then an audit trail record will be produced in the datalog for any changed data. If you remove a field than an audit trail record will be produced for each record showing the deleted fields value. The attributelog will record the actual structure changes.

Safeguards are built into the system to monitor the data structure change process and this process will abort should any step fail leaving the original structure intact. However, as a failsafe, we recommend that a backup is available prior to making changes to clinical data structures.

Also, when making structure changes, you may also need to modify your data entry screens to reflect these changes.

The only way to do a full before-and-after report would be to export the data prior to the change and again after the change and run SAS’s Proc Compare procedure to report on differences.

I hope this helps,
    Bob

Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 10:57 AM
    Subject: ClinPlus - Change Control

Hi, Ronni,
    How do you recommend managing change control within the ClinPlus System, i.e., in instances where modifications to the database are required after it has been built and launched into production? I know of some systems that provide you a migration report to confirm that patients entered in the old version of the database have been successfully migrated to the new version and that all data mapped to the correct field. Please help me generate such a report within the ClinPlus System. This is especially important when effecting changes later in a large study.

Please advise.
    Thanks!
    Joe

Hi Joe,

To copy the structures of your development database into production, use the Modeling module under System Administration. See page 36 in section 1 of the training manual for details.

Ronni Rubenstein
    Training Manager
    DZS Software Solutions, Inc.

Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 6:19 PM
    Subject: ClinPlus - Launching a database into production

Hello, Ronni, Greg

What are the required steps to launch a database into production after UAT is complete? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Joe
    Last edited by Ronni Rubenstein; 01-30-2009, 02:01 PM.
Working...
X